This post may be a little short. I’m typing with one hand. At least it’s my dominant hand. My left is wrapped in a splint. I took a spill in the kitchen on Christmas day. Other than my hand, I suffered a few bumps and bruises, but all in all, I was pretty lucky. We didn’t even have to wait too long at the ER. Considering it was a holiday, it went quite well.
I fell over the dishwasher door, which opened just as I was walking past it. When my husband and I told others about my accident, they said they had almost tripped over their dishwasher too.
The door had been broken for a while and didn’t latch tight and I was afraid one of us might fall over it. In the movie Garden
But were dishwashers a common cause of in-home accidents? After a search for dishwasher accidents in the home, I found that there was a danger of fires, scalding from steam, and contamination from fungus and black yeast sometimes found in the rubber seal of the door.
There was also mention of a freak accident where a woman died after she slipped and fell on the knives in the dishwasher which
It also made me think about
Have fun and be safe!